PADDLE NANTUCKET’S ULTIMATE SUP YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Get Certified to teach Stand-up Paddle Yoga on the beautiful island of Nantucket, MA
Join three of the most vibrant global communities in water-based fitness & wellness: PaddleFit, GlideSUP and the Global Prana Vinyasa Yoga Tribe
Looking for a breath-taking outdoor educational experience? Join Paddle Nantucket for one of our 3 SUP Yoga certifications this spring, summer or fall.
Paddle Nantucket’s SUP Yoga certification curriculum is like no other, in that it combines the technical prowess of PaddleFit’s outdoor fitness coaching & training system with the rich beauty and traditional wisdom of PranaVinyasa Yoga presented to you on high-performance boards designed by people who practice yoga, for people who practice yoga.
Q: Why certify with Paddle Nantucket?
A: For so many reasons, Paddle Nantucket’s SUP Yoga Teacher Training program is unparalleled in it’s field. Lead by GlideSUP Elite Yoga Teacher, and certified PaddleFit coach, Caitlin Marcoux, this certification extract the highlights of traditional yoga teacher trainings and combines them with everything you’d learn at a modern day paddle skills clinic.
Marcoux has been practicing and teaching SUP Yoga for over 4 years, and is the owner of Paddle Nantucket, the only Stand-Up Paddle School and floating yoga studio on Nantucket. Using the knowledge of her native Nantucket waters, her Core PaddleFit certification and over 10 years of study with her yogateacher Shiva Rea, Caitlin will integrate and weave together everything she has studied into this epic 2-day training.
Q: Do you need to bring your own gear?
A: No, part of the cost of your tuition covers usage of Paddle Nantucket’s high performance gear. All our teacher training programs are taught exclusively on Glide SUP Lotus boards, by far the best yoga & fitness SUP boards available on the market. Glide, a Salt Lake City based company, proudly manufactures superior quality, hand-crafted, ultra durable an eco-friendly SUPsright here in the USA. Caitlin has been riding on their team since 2013.
Q: What’s the bottom line?
A: If you are looking to deepen your understanding of traditional and floating yoga, hone your paddle skills, brush up on anatomy, and hangout with like-minded water babies, this is the program for you. Combine all our knowledge and Glide’s high-performance gear with the calm, quiet waters of Nantucket’s north shore harbor, and you get the recipe for the deepest transmission of SUP yoga knowledge you can get on the Cape & Islands, and one incredible SUP yoga experience.
Read on for all the details, and come join us on the Gray Lady, 30 miles out to sea.
This 2 day, 18 hour certification program includes
- SUP Skills: Forward stroke, turn techniques and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, launching andlanding.
- Beginner SUP: Clear, concise method for instructing a beginner paddle board lesson.
- Safety & Rescue: Lifesaving techniques including flip rescue, active & passive drowning victims. Weather and marine hazards, local knowledge.
- Anchor Systems: Individual and group
- Fluid Flow: Beginner sequence and how to creatively sequence on the water.
- Paddle Nantucket SUP Yoga Manual (Level 1)
- Business of SUP Yoga: Starting your business, insurance, permitting, and defining your brand. Fleet sales & ambassador opportunities
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
SUP skills will be our primary focus on the first day. We will revisit stroke technique, safety, logistical concerns, anchoring systems, board selection, and more. You will also have two complete 75 minute SUP Yoga classes; one in the morning, one in the afternoon.
- 8:00-10:00am Lecture and Paddle
- 10:00-12:00pm Fluid Flow Beginngers SUP Yoga
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch break
- 1:00-2:00pm Intro to Paddle Technique
- 2:00-3:15pm Fluid Flow Vinyasa SUP Yoga
- 3:30-4:00pm Paddle Technique revisited
- 4:00-5:00pm Gear Care and Q & A
- 5-6:30pm Prana Vinyasa Yoga (in the studio)
Spend more time on the water and build specific sequences which will enable you to take what you have learned in the studio, onto the water. The morning will begin with a full practice, the afternoon will include one studio class as well as anatomy brush-up.
- 8:00-8:300am Morning Beach Meditation
- 8:30-9:30am The Art of Setting a Sacred Space for SUP
- 9:30-10:45am Morning SUP Yoga (full practice)
- 11:00-12:00pm Paddle Technique
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch break
- 1:00-2:00pm How to start your class on land and Paddle Tech revisited
- 2:00-3:15pm Fluid Flow SUP Yoga with Caitlin
- 3:30-4:00pm Anatomy Lecture (in the studio)
- 4:00-6:00pm Full Studio Yoga Practice with sequencing tips for SUP
Please plan to arrive either evening before, or the first morning for a 8:00am start time. We will have Glide Lotus paddle boards for your use, so no need to bring your board unless you want to. If you do not have your own paddle and PFD (personal flotation device), we can provide those for you.
Space is limited to the first 10 students who apply. Register today
Students looking to depend their SUP Yoga practice can register for a full day immersion or sign up to get certified by registering for both full days at a discount here.