Part endurance tour, part skills lab, join us for one of our frequent training paddles.
This course will start off from our launch at Washington Street Extension and head north in the direction of Pocomo Harbor. We will round Pimny’s point at mile 1.4, where we will practice paddle skills, including the 4 different kind of classic SUP turns, before heading back home. This tour is only for paddlers with a solid grasp of general SUP technique and awareness.
Notes: Because it is far more safe to paddle into the wind first, this tour is only available with a North wind, ensuring an easier paddle on our return.
To book please call 508-332-2546
All necessary paddle boarding equipment is provided.
*Synthetic clothing dries quickly and is the best choice for outdoor pursuits. Please do not wear cotton clothing. When wet, cotton rapidly robs the heat from your body and takes a long time to dry. We also recommend you dress in multiple layers, allowing you more flexibility to comfortably respond to the weather conditions and your level of exertion.
What to Bring
- Swimsuit and weather-appropriate clothing (preferably synthetic*)
- Sunglasses with lanyard (polarized recommended)
- Hat with visor
- Small water bottle or hydration system
- Personal prescriptions such as EpiPen or inhaler
- Waterproof camera
- Stand up paddle board, SUP paddle and US Coast Guard-approved Type III PFD†
- Extra change of clothes
- Lip balm with sunscreen
- Closed-toed water shoes
What We Provide
- Use of all necessary paddling equipment: boards, paddles, PFDs, etc.
- First-aid kit
- Insect repellant