This endurance paddle excursion is the perfect excuse to spend half a day on the water.
Set out from our launch at Washington Street Extension, and paddle 5 miles up the Nantucket harbor to Polpis Harbor where we will make landfall and enjoy a simple but delicious lunch. Watch the crab fishermen, recreational sailers and shore fishermen commune with their nature as you deepen your connection to yours. After a 45-60 minute picnic on the beach, we will turn around and paddle back. This excursion is for those paddlers with some level of basic skills.
Notes: Because it is far more safe to paddle into the wind first, this tour is only available with a light north wind, ensuring an easier paddle on our return.
To book please call 508-332-2546
All necessary paddle boarding equipment is provided.
*Synthetic clothing dries quickly and is the best choice for outdoor pursuits. Please do not wear cotton clothing. When wet, cotton rapidly robs the heat from your body and takes a long time to dry. We also recommend you dress in multiple layers, allowing you more flexibility to comfortably respond to the weather conditions and your level of exertion.
What to Bring
- Swimsuit and weather-appropriate clothing (preferably synthetic*)
- Sunglasses with lanyard (polarized recommended)
- Hat with visor
- Small water bottle or hydration system
- Personal prescriptions such as EpiPen or inhaler
- Waterproof camera
- Stand up paddle board, SUP paddle and US Coast Guard-approved Type III PFD†
- Extra change of clothes
- Lip balm with sunscreen
- Closed-toed water shoes
What We Provide
- Use of all necessary paddling equipment: boards, paddles, PFDs, etc.
- First-aid kit
- Insect repellant